|ON-LINE PHOTO LIBRARIES FOR TOURISM AUTHORITIES|
"Recent advances in digital photography and the internet have created a tremendous opportunity for tourism authorities to promote their destinations and generate thousands of dollars worth of free publicity by doing little more than making high quality images of their destination readily available to the media and travel agents." - David Kirkland
Screen shots from two of our latest On-Line Photo Libraries.
": “We have a full page on page three to fill. Does anyone know where we can get a high quality photograph quickly?” : “We need a great cover pic for our annual brochure on the South Pacific.” : “I’ve written a good yarn. Where can I get my hands on some good photographs to go with it?” : I wish I had some generic photographs of the destination to promote my business on the new web site."
We build On-Line Photo Libraries for regional, state and national tourism authorities as an extension of their web sites which allows them to instantly distribute high resolution photographs worldwide to promote their destinations. The self-managed libraries we have built are regularly accessed by media, travel agents and the tourism industry, generating thousands of dollars of free publicity for the destinations they promote.
While we started building On-Line Photo Libraries five years ago as an extension of the service David offered tourism authorities as a photographer, only recently has the technology become suitable, affordable and user-friendly enough for us to confidently offer the service more widely to tourism authorities at an affordable price. Once, smaller tourism authorities were obliged to promote themselves only through the libraries of larger state or national entitles. Now, however, they can manage their own professional Photo Libraries with ease and deal directly with the individuals and organisations keen to work with them to promote their destinations.
The Photo libraries we build draw from the most advanced software available, combining the expertise of a team of professional photographers with the experience David has accumulated working with tourism authorities over more than two decades to produce, what we believe, are the most suitable and cost-effective, On-Line Photo Libraries available to tourism authorities today.
Features of our libraries include:
- Password Protected customer access.
- Responsive screen technology (able to be viewed on computers, smart-phones and pads).
- The ability to monitor image downloads (providing market intelligence of the most popular images used).
- Restricted usage of images (the ability to limit downloads or close user access to prevent excessive use and abuse).
- The ability to monitor users (so you know who accesses your library, when, and what images they have downloaded).
- Contemporary, clean entrance page design and images selection display with easy, user-friendly client interface.
- The ability to quickly add or delete library images.
- Seamless transition from your web site to a branded entrance page of your library.
- Two step, verified customer access to the library.
- Easy management interface (training can be done remotely in half an hour).
- Complete independence (once it's built, we only host the site, providing support and technical support if required).
- The ability to upload new images to the library directly *(optional).
- The flexibility to transfer hosting to your own provider after two years (we prefer to ensure the intergity of our libraries by hosting them for you for the first two years).
- Automatic upgrade to the latest security software.
- Full library back-up (with all images copied to an external hard drive for added security).
- Tiered access levels (providing restricted access to, for example, branding images to be used by your key stakeholders).
- A once-only fee to build the library with the option for us to host it on our high speed server on an on-going basis.
All of our libraries are built following an evaluation of your tourism authority's existing Photo library and a recommendation on how to proceed to this new platform, with advice given on protocols and processes needed to ensure the quality of the images and the integrity of the library. Technical advice about your photography is also provided by professional photographers. As we have only recently upgraded to our new software (2016), we would expect the libraries we build to remain current for at least the next five years.
Pricing varies depending of the number of images you want made available and the sophistication of the library, however, the libraries have been built to be affordable to the average regional tourism authority. The entire process can be undertaken remotely, allowing us to build On-Line Photo Libraries for tourism authorities anywhere in the world.
To view David's most current photographs and summaries of his most recent assignments, visit David's award-winning Blog at www.kirklandphotosblog.com